Friday, May 19, 2023

B Movie Title Generator – Action International Pictures Version

If you’re a B movie fan like me, you’ve probably heard of American International Pictures. It gave us such classic titles as The She-Creature, I Was a Teenage Werewolf, Invasion of the Saucer Men & Hot Rod Girl. It was home to such luminaries as Roger Corman, Bert I Gordon & Edward L Cahn.

Hard to believe that someone would try and rip them off, but there is another AIP out there – Action International Pictures. It’s one of those straight-to-video companies from the 80s. 

No great movies here (exactly the opposite, actually), but plenty of risible titles. Indeed, they seem to follow a basic formula of two juicy key words, and nothing else:

  • Space Mutiny
  • Future Force
  • Teenage Exorcist
  • Death Chase
  • Jungle Assault

  • Eternal Fist
  • Project Vampire
  • Operation Warzone
  • Final Sanction
  • Maximum Breakout
  • Brutal Fury

They’re funny enough as is, but I noticed they seemed to all run together in my mind, making even funnier combinations. Jungle Fury, anyone? How about Teenage Warzone? Space Exorcist?

I wasn’t expecting that

Here, try it for yourself… I’ve taken all the titles I could find under AIP, split them into their 2 components, then broken them into groups of 10:

  • 0 action assault
  • 1 alien avenger
  • 2 blood breakout
  • 3 brutal chase
  • 4 battleground cops
  • 5 deadly fire
  • 6 death fist
  • 7 double force
  • 8 eternal fury
  • 9 fatal hit

  • 0 final house
  • 1 future island
  • 2 invasion kill
  • 3 jungle manor
  • 4 last mutiny
  • 5 lost nerve
  • 6 maximum platoon
  • 7 miami prey
  • 8 hell reactor
  • 9 mission ride
  • 0 night sanction
  • 1 project seed
  • 2 rapid skies
  • 3 raw threat
  • 4 space thunder
  • 5 street vampire
  • 6 sudden vengeance
  • 7 teenage wars
  • 8 unknown zone
  • 9 cyber hunter

Now, all you have to do is:

  1. Think of a 2-digit number (your age, birth date, birth month, address, favorite jersey number – you name it)
  2. Look it up in one or more of the tables

For example, my age (63) gives me:

  • Death Chase
  • Maximum Manor
  • Sudden Threat

A book instead of a movie

Not so sure about that second one, so let’s try my favorite jersey number (21):

  • Blood Avenger
  • Invasion Island
  • Rapid Seed

Rapid Seed? Once again, I’m not sure that’s gonna make the cut.

One final try – the year of my birth (59):

  • Deadly Hit
  • Lost Ride
  • Street Hunter

It’s a winner, folks!

Anyway, give it a try yourself. See what you come up with.

By the way, if this sounds familiar, I actually did something like this before, though much more broadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment